You are using an outdated browser not supported by our site, Internet Explorer.
Please use an alternate browser and visit us again.
Virtual training course providing a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of global mobility operations
The course is provided virtually through the Zoom platform. It is divided into 4 days, and each session lasts for 3 hours. All sessions are scheduled at 10:00am - 1:00pm CET (ideal for attendees from EMEA and APAC time zones).
- Gain insights into the drivers of global mobility, key policy types and current trends
- Build expertise in expatriate compensation and benefits and their application for different types of mobility
- Develop a greater understanding of expatriate compliance considerations and applications for different types of mobility
- Understand the key administrative activities required to operate a successful, efficient and compliant global mobility program at all points in the assignment lifecycle
The course is provided virtually through the Zoom platform. It is divided into 4 days, and each session lasts for 3 hours. All sessions are scheduled at 10:00am - 1:00pm CET.
This course is designed for HR professionals new to the field of expatriate management who quickly need to understand the key concepts and issues around pay, benefits and program administration.
Modules may also be of interest to experienced HR professionals who manage expatriates as a part of their role and for mobility professionals who need a refresher.
Introduction to global mobility & expatriate compensation
- Introduction to global mobility
- Principles of expatriate compensation
- Expatriate compensation – home-based approaches
- Cash allowances:
- Cash allowances: goods and services differentials
- Cash allowances: per diem allowances
- Cash allowances: hardship/location allowances
- Cash allowances: mobility premiums
- Expatriate compensation – host-based approaches
- Expatriate compensation – hybrid and regional approaches
Introduction to global mobility compliance
- Introduction to expatriate tax and social security
- Introduction to immigration
- Pre-assignment and on assignment compliance administration
Introduction to expatriate benefits
- Pre-assignment – relocation benefits
- On assignment – ongoing allowances and support
- End of assignment – alternatives and consideration
The assignment lifecycle
- Pre-assignment planning and compliance – stakeholders, business case and candidate selection
- Pre-assignment planning and compliance - assignment initiation, costings and package preparation
- Pre-assignment logistics – vendors, employee responsibilities and exceptions
- Pre-assignment confirmation – payroll
- On assignment – ongoing support
- End of assignment – completion
- Post-assignment – monitoring and compliance
Global Mobility Foundations (Operate)
Discounts: available for multiple participants and/or workshops attended:
- 10% for 2 participants or 2 workshops – Please use code MLEARN10
- 20% for 3 participants or 3 workshops – Please use code MLEARN20
Bundle offer: Register also for the Global Mobility Management (Manage) Course in November to benefit from special pricing: USD 3,150 for both courses.
All course modules are subject to VAT
Mercer reserves the right to decline registrations from competitors and other potential delegates that do not match the targeted audience.