You are using an outdated browser not supported by our site, Internet Explorer.
Please use an alternate browser and visit us again.
Respond proactively to rapid digitization and redesign jobs for an optimized and sustainable combination of human and automated work.
Mercer Work Design is an AI-driven digital platform to help you redesign jobs, workflows and projects. Through one streamlined tool, analyze the tasks and activities that underpin the workflow and determine a sustainable structure to support the ongoing growth and transformation of work.
Respond proactively to new opportunities, and redesign jobs for an optimized and sustainable combination of human and automated work. Designing for the future is made simple with Mercer’s proven methodology and innovative AI-driven digital platform in three streamlined steps.
Designing an efficient operating system
1. Deconstruct jobs
- Analyze the tasks and activities that underpin jobs and workflows.
- Identify tasks that are best suited for automation or redeployment to alternative talent.
2. Redeploy tasks
- Determine which task delivery can be enhanced through automation or other means including gig work, internal talent marketplaces, outsourcing, shared services (and more!), and understand the impact on your organization.
3. Reconstruct work
- Create new jobs and workflows based on the new work options.
- Discover the skills you need for more efficient and sustainable operation.
|Mercer Work Design: 2023 HR Tech Award winner|
HR Tech has recognized Mercer Work Design as a 2023 award winner of Best Advance in Practical AI: solution that leverages AI, machine learning, robotic process automation, and/or natural language processing for practical impacts to people and the business in the category of Talent Analytics.
"With so many employers looking to adopt a skills-first approach, many of them are realizing that it's incredibly difficult to go beyond jobs to granular skills insights for decision-making purposes. To solve that, Mercer Work Design helps employers to deconstruct, analyze, and reconstruct jobs down to the fundamental skill level. Mercer's global expertise in workplace trends, skills and other areas makes this a tremendous offering for future-focused employers." - Ben Eubanks, Chief Research Officer, Lighthouse Research & Advisory
Redesigning work in your organization in a sustainable way allows you to navigate new ways of working with much more agility and efficiency.
Mercer Work Design platform plus pilot consulting
Let’s get started together. Access all areas in the Mercer Work Design platform with guidance from the Mercer Transformation specialists. We’ll partner with you to understand the current state (tasks at hand, roles and workflows):
- Start with the current tasks, map out existing roles against tasks to understand the current state of jobs and workflows
- Analyze the tasks: which can be delivered through automation, outsourcing, internal teams, etc. and consider the full array of work arrangements
- Allow talent to ‘flow to work’ as opposed to fixed roles: create new jobs and workflows based on the new work options
- Real time analytics as the project unfolds, including skills profiling (Skills Edge)
- Roadmap of next steps detailing implementation strategies.
Unsure where to start? Request a demo and see how Mercer Work Design can efficiently transform your workflow.
Final cost of tool and consulting pending on scope of work and number of users.