You are using an outdated browser not supported by our site, Internet Explorer.
Please use an alternate browser and visit us again.
You may also be interested in ...
Skills Pricer is a self-service web application that reports which skills influence the pay of a selected job, as well as assigning a value to those skills. Now available to purchase as a bundle. The bundle includes Skills Pricer all countries + Skills Library cross-industry jobs and all industries
A ready-made skills taxonomy to kick-start your organization’s transformation
Take the first step towards incorporating skills in your talent and reward strategies without digging through data and creating your own custom taxonomy.
- Ready to use and quick to implement
- Maps thousands of unique skills to Mercer’s Job Library
- Regularly updated throughout the year to reflect skills that are emerging, changing or becoming obsolete
- Fully compatible with Mercer’s other products based on our Job Library (JAT, TRS)
Leading organizations use Mercer Skills Library to incorporate skills into their talent strategies quickly and efficiently. Here’s why:
- Based on market data. We utilize industry-leading partner skill databases that constantly scan millions of online job profiles and descriptions to obtain key skills information.
- Curated. Mercer skills specialists curate our Skills Library to the Mercer Job Library architecture and remove “noise” in the data, so that you don’t need to dig through copious databases and can swiftly access actionable insights.
- Up-to-date. We update our Skills Library regularly throughout the year so you can stay up to date on new and emerging skills, see how skills are changing and learn which skills are becoming obsolete. We regularly surface skill categories and apply best practices in usage approach collateral.
- Integrated. An integrated, data-driven framework helps you deploy skills-based solutions for recruiting, talent assessments, and career frameworks. If your organization has ever participated in a Mercer compensation survey, it is likely you already have the link between your jobs and the Skills Library. If you haven’t – no problem – we have AI to support easy matching.
- Global. Skills are mapped to a global job taxonomy — the Skills Library includes globally applicable data, allowing you to implement a skills framework across your entire organization quickly.
Contact Us if you have questions about this product.
By accessing this site, you agree to Mercer's Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use.
Use Mercer Skills Library to:
- Develop a skills taxonomy mapped to jobs in your organization – quickly and efficiently;
- Identify critical skills in an easy, effective way;
- Define roles by using the criteria for success on the job.
Example use cases:
- Your organization might be considering adding a new Data Analytics function. What skills do you need to recruit for in the market?
The Skills Library will tell you that you should prioritize candidates with hard skills of Business Intelligence, SQL, and Python alongside soft skills such as Influencing and Governance (just to name a few).
- To support talent mobility, you may have an entry-level employee in an internal Data Analytics role who is skilled in Python programming and wants to explore opportunities directly supporting clients.
By searching by skill in the Mercer Skills Library, you could identify that the employee is highly qualified for a customer-facing analytics professional role.
- Let’s say you’re seeking to fill a cost accounting role. You know you need someone who is skilled in accounting, but the hiring manager and recruiter are having difficulty articulating what other skills would be valuable.
Search for the skills associated with the role in the Skills Library to help you develop the right skills profile against which to recruit.
You receive skills aligned to the Mercer Job Library that include categorization hierarchy and type (Technical, Behavioral, Qualification), rank of skills by demand in job postings, and region-specific skill indicators.
We utilize industry-leading partner skill databases that constantly scan millions of online job profiles and descriptions to obtain key skills information.
We curate our Skills Library to the Mercer Job Library architecture and remove “noise” in the data. If your organization has ever participated in a Mercer compensation survey, it is likely you already have the link between your jobs and the Skills Library. If you haven’t – no problem – we have AI to support easy matching.
We update the Skills Library regularly throughout the year, adding new and emerging skills, surfacing skill categories, and applying best practices in usage approach collateral.
Benefits of adopting a skills-based approach:
- Flexible, agile workforce
- Increased employee engagement and productivity
- Reduced turnover
- Robust internal talent marketplace
- More effective, efficient hiring processes
- Optimized compensation packages
Skills are structured in two Mercer Job Library arrangements that are orientated around type of work and organizational level: