You are using an outdated browser not supported by our site, Internet Explorer.
Please use an alternate browser and visit us again.
Designing effective HR policies.
Learn about a range of different types of policies, how to create a new policy and the steps to follow when updating a policy.
This microlearning course provides guidance on the importance of creating and maintaining policies. Learn how to write an effective policy and the steps to follow for maintaining a policy to ensure it is relevant and up-to-date.
Level 1: Lay the foundation
The lessons and activities in Level 1 will help to lay a foundation of knowledge for you to build upon when you reach Level 2 of this course.
- Video: Why HR policies are important
- Video: Employee position and role
- Video: Country-specific policies
- Activity: Why are country-specific policies necessary?
- Video: Performance and reward policies
- Video: Policies for HR
- Video: Labor relations
- Activity: What types of policies are essential to an organization?
Level 2: Apply your knowledge
The lessons and activities in Level 2 will teach you how to apply the foundational knowledge you developed in Level 1 of this course.
- Video: Writing an effective policy
- Video: Policy approvals
- Video: Policy communications
- Activity: What is an effective policy?
- Video: Maintaining policies
- Activity: Why revise an existing policy?
- Video: Reviewing and updating a policy
- Video: Socializing policy revisions
Published: April 2023