You are using an outdated browser not supported by our site, Internet Explorer.
Please use an alternate browser and visit us again.
Technology industry compensation and workforce metrics benchmarking
- Comptryx is a workforce analytics platform to benchmark remuneration and demographics, uncover trends in the industry and analyze your workforce through labor cost modeling.
- Measure your workforce metrics against competitors in the tech industry across a variety of business critical functions including cybersecurity, software engineering and more.
- Reporting quarterly in over 100 countries, the tool covers a range of industries including aerospace/defense, consumer tech, fintech, eCommerce, SaaS and more.
+3.5 mil incumbents
+21,000 benchmarked jobs
+500 top tech & tech-focused companies
+900 subscribing companies
- Data modules: (1) Global pay and (2) Organization and workforce metrics
- Modeling tools: (1) Labour cost modeling, (2) 5-year Pay and Metrics Analysis, and (3) Geographic Pay Differentials
- Insights Dashboards reporting on (1) DEI, (2) Talent Flow, and (3) Compensation
- Evergreen database with four updates per annum
- Quarterly spot surveys on:
- 1. Salary increases (via Salary Budget Survey), and
- 2. Hot Topics in the Tech Industry (2022 results included: crypto as a comp currency, GEO salary differentials, tech staffing changes)
+3.5 mil incumbents
+21,000 benchmark jobs
+500 top tech & tech focused companies
+900 subscribing companies
Today's accelerated digital transformation is bringing unprecedented demand for technology jobs and expertise. Keeping up with the blistering pace of change all while understanding the ins and outs of your workforce is challenging. Powered by Mercer, Comptryx is a premier online solution focused on the highly competitive tech industry of today and provides international job benchmarks across all levels for a wide array of positions for specialized tech talent as well as support functions.
The depth of the database allows organizations to explore beyond compensation, covering workforce metrics against competitors’ in areas like turnover, gender, ethnicity, new hire rates, and more. Reporting quarterly data in over 100 countries for the tech industry and numerous business critical functions, such as cybersecurity, data analytics, software and cloud engineering, design an attractive compensation offering to compete in today’s market.
- (1) Global pay and (2) organization and workforce metrics
- Labour cost modeling
- 5-year pay and metrics analysis
- Geographic pay differentials
- Reporting on DEI, talent glow, and compensation
- Four updates per year
Quarterly spot surveys on:
- Salary increases (via salary budget survey)
- Hot topics in the tech industry (2022 results included: crypto as a comp currency, GEO salary differentials, tech staffing changes)
Easy reporting capabilities and pre-designed templates
Self-managed platform with unlimited users
Benchmark against the tech industry, predefined sub-industry breakouts, or custom created peer groups in:
- Consumer Tech
- Professional services/outsourcing
Featured Business-Critical Functions
- Algorithm engineering
- Cloud services
- Data storage engineering
- Software engineering – apps, UI & mobile
- Web design/development
- And more
Get compensation market data, updated quarterly, for the global tech industry. Comprising of specific roles and cross-functional jobs, use a globally consistent framework with multiple job levels (from support levels and managerial to executive).
Refine your search using database cuts by geography (country and city levels), industry segment, company size and employee basis (new versus tenured staff, gender and performance).
Total cost to company components:
- Base salary
- Fixed base, including country allowances
- Short-term incentives – actual and target
- Long-term incentives
- Total cash – actual and target
- Total direct compensation
- Fringe benefits (includes statutory and non-statutory contributions)
- Total cost to company
The workforce metrics module breaks down the size, shape, mix and composition of your organization. Understand how your metrics compare against others in the market through assessment by function, level, location, gender, age, tenure and ethnicity.
Examples of key metrics:
- Workforce ratios: headcount distribution, payroll distribution
- Financial metrics: Revenue and profit per FTE, payroll as % of revenue and profit
- Demographics: Span of control, employee tenure, age, experience, performance and promotions
- Employment rates: Retention rate, new hire rate, turnover rate (total and voluntary)
- Pay metrics: Payroll stats, STI/LTI as a % of total compensation
- Gender ratios: % male and female, wage gap
The modeling module covers three tools: (1) labor cost modeling, (2) trends analysis, and (3) geographic differentials (*launching soon*)
1. Labor cost modeling
Using the labor cost modeling tool, design virtual organizations and compare your people costs in locations around the world. Find answers to key questions, including:
- Which markets represent the lowest total labor costs to the company?
- What is our average global total labor cost? Per country? Per region?
- Are we working in the most affordable locations?
- What would the cost premium / deficit be of setting up operations in one location vs another, or moving employees from one to another?
- How is the workforce composition of technology companies changing?
- Is our corporate goal of transitioning read and development staff to more affordable locations being realized?
"Talent Traction", turnover & hiring
- Are our hiring vs turnover rates changing in a predictable way that supports our headcount targets?
- How does our pace of attracting and retaining talent compare with that of our peers?
Effectiveness of diversity programs
- Has female representation changed in various roles/jobs in locations across the globe?
- Is the wage gap closing in our organization on a job-by-job and country-by-country basis?
- How effective have our diversity programs been relative to those of our peers?
- Are there pockets in our population where a significant number of staff are trending closer to retirement age?
- Given that our management staff continues should be comprised of much younger employees as compared to the market, do we have enough experience in our management ranks to lead the company effectively?
2. Trends analysis
Comptryx offers users the capability of analyzing a vast array of pay elements and workforce metrics, both currently and historically. Via the trends analysis module, users can access up to 5-years historical analysis of market pay and metrics data.
3. Geographic differentials
Module launching soon.
Interactive dashboards, with filters to focus the insights (location, role, level), comparing your company against the market for:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI): Age and gender representation and distribution, ethnicity indications, gender wage gaps
- Talent glow: Hiring, promotion, tenure and turnover trends to understand how talent is moving into, through and out of your company and the market
- Compensation (feature *launching soon*)
The Comptryx database is created from our annual full-census submission model. Subscribers provide a survey data submission for all global jobs; not just those in benchmark positions. This allows us to report workforce metrics such as "% of total headcount" and "% of total payroll". We also collect data elements designed to give you additional insights as part of your competitive analysis (e.g. gender, top performers, promotion, tenure, age, turnover etc.).
Pricing is based on the size of your company (number of employees and countries you operate in) and includes access to the entire Mercer | Comptryx dataset – all modules and the full global list of countries.
For more information on participating companies, data submission, pricing, or to schedule a demo, please reach out to our team.